Love is Enough

Nicole - Sandy, Utah

It’s the middle of the night when my phone rings again. “You’re eyes are the brightest of all the colors, I don’t wanna ever love another, you’ll always be my thunder…” I pick up the phone knowing the voice I hear on the other end is enough to take me to another place and time. We talk about our days and how much different life will be soon. Soon we will be together, and nothing will be able to stop us then.

Listening to the sparkle in his laughter as I look at old fading pictures of us together begins to consume me. We talk about how much our lives have changed since the day we met and how we have the rest of time to figure this long road out together. We talk about memories we have shared in the past. The feelings this brings inside me is like a burning fire rushing through my body. I will never love anyone as much as I love him.

He begins to stumble over his words once more as he explains how he feels. The thought of him holding me begins to come to my mind. Soon enough I will be in his arms again. Forever. We will never understand why we had to happen this way. Why did two people who were so in love have to suddenly be forced apart? Even if it was just for a little while? Life had turned out much different than either of us planned. I wish so badly that he was here with me. Just a little more time and I will be with him again, right where I belong. He tells me he misses me and that he loves me more than anything in this world.

He loves me too. That was enough. That was the reason I held on to these feelings and I was never going to let go. Suddenly nothing else matters but the fact that he came into my life and that he would be mine forever. The way I felt was unbelievable. Every day the wonderful feelings I have grow stronger. I will always love him, and I promise to never let go.

I believe that love can conquer anything. It is the most beautiful gift in the world. No matter how many miles are put between two hearts, knowing you are meant for someone who is meant for you too is enough to keep pushing forward each day. I believe that love is enough.