I believe

Reid - Shawnee, Kansas

I believe

In my essay I am going to be writing about my belief in God. My belief in God is kind of a confusing one. I say that because most of the time I love God with all my heart, but there are other times when I really don’t like what has happened, and I question why he chose to do what he did. In my life there have been a lot of hard obstacles to overcome.

To me it is sometimes hard to believe in God, but overall I do truly believe in God. I say that I don’t believe in him because there are a lot of bad stuff that has happened in my life. I do believe in him because I know that he makes everything happen for a reason, even if it is something really bad like one of your close friends or family member dying. For me the past years have been really hard. For example just last summer my great grandma died unexpectedly in her home in Iowa. Me and my great grandma were really close, every time I was in Iowa I would always go to her house and visit her and hang out with her. To me it was really sad after she died because going to her house was one of the things I looked forward to do when i went up to Iowa. When she died, I was actually at Camp Tekawitha. So when she died my mom called the camp and told them to tell me she died suddenly at her house. The camp couldn’t tell me that she died because I was in adoration at the time.

In my essay it was hard to talk about my great grandmas death. It took me quite sometime to think of how she died because I blocked her death out of my head because I couldn’t stand to think about a person I really loved die. At the same time I am glad I started thinking of her again, because when I blocked her death out of my head I also blocked us having fun times also. So when I started remembering her again, I remembered all the joy she gave me when I visited her.