Overpaying the Entertainment Buisness

Jerrod - Olathe, Kansas

Overpaying the Entertainment Business

I believe that the entertainment business is one of the most overpaid industries of all. It is incredible how much these people get paid for what they do. I’m talking about actors, singers, baseball players, football players, etc. I know they can do stuff most of us can’t, but I do not think that them doing more than most people can do deserves them millions of dollars in salary each year. I think they get overpaid and don’t deserve it ,because they don’t do that much work. Also, I think a big reason is that game and concert tickets are to high. This extra salary money could be used for parks or city maintenance around the country.

One of the major reasons that I think the Entertainment Business is overpaid is because of the amount of work they put in. First, I will start off with the singing industry. Some of these people get paid ridiculous amounts of money for such little work. A few of the rappers or hip-hop artist out there just have to learn a few dance moves and try to sound good. The studio will enhance their voices and make them sound good. The songs are even given to them to sing. My next point is dealing with the athletes and actors. One problem I think with the actors is that if the movie tickets weren’t so high then the actors wouldn’t be getting paid as much. Another is that I don’t think they should be getting paid millions or even hundreds of millions for making a movie. And a dumb thing is there is this thing called royalty and every time a t.v. show or movie comes on the actors get paid. Athletes are incredibly overpaid. Especially baseball players. Their pay used to be fair but now it’s just out of control. The players keep getting more greedy, and the owners have to try to meet their wants to keep the players on the team.

My next reason is that I believe that the concert and stadium tickets are to high. The teams and bands get extra money from their concert and stadium admission money. If the prices were lower, more people would show up to support them. The money they would make would drop however. I think that is okay though. Think of all the money that wouldn’t be going to these players. Added up in a year it could be up to one million dollars. Think of where that could go to from our pockets. It could go to parks and charity. Places and people that actually need the money. Not millionaires who are going to use it to get an extra pool table or plasma screen.

So, It is my belief that the athletic teams and the entertainment society gets overpaid. And I don’t think they deserve it for the amount of work that they are putting in. So, that leads me to believe that the entertainment business is one of the most overpaid industries of all.