The Wonderful Faith In My Life!

Kaitlyn - Shawnee, Kansas

Faith varies for every person, but my beliefs are centered around the Catholic Faith. I have been practicing my faith with my family since I was born, and I have always attended a Private school. My religion has made me stronger and more passionate in everything. My faith means everything to me especially when I went to camp to now in high school.

Last summer I got the opportunity to go to Camp Tekakwitha. This was a life changing experience for me. I was extremely electrified to get to go to camp to meet new people, the fun activities, and I was anxious about the faithfulness that I had heard about it. Once I got there, it was great my cabin was so fun and getting to literally reach new heights with them made them seem like family, even though I had just met them. I had so much fun from the excitement of the rock wall, horseback riding, and swimming to the peacefulness and beauty in the intense adoration. One night our counselor led us throughout camp;she told us stories and read from the bible. After our faithful hike at night all the cabins were outside together, and we had outdoor adoration. This was truly sensational because I could feel God’s presence surround me! I felt like the Lord was holding me in the palm of his hand, like in the Irish Blessing. From that moment on, I have grown in my faith tremendously. Camp Tekakwitha made me personally grow deeper in my faith and my high school has also helped me feel so tight with the Lord.

I go to a very new Catholic high school, St.James Academy. It is pretty small and all about community. Instead of having ‘homerooms’ like other high schools we have houses. In these houses, we do bible studies and activities that will make us closer to each other and our faith. With the greatness that is constantly being poured out from my school’s community I feel like I can face anything. Sometimes we all have our bad days, but I have never gone a day without smiling at St.James because there is always someone there for you. This community gave my the power to choose Mass and my faith over other things less important. I constantly have people driving me to achieve more with my faith allowing me to become a better Catholic and closer to God! With the Lord in everything I do I feel like I am on the right track to a wonderful home in heaven.

My faith has taught me to love more and overall just be happy because life on earth is very short. I greatly appreciate all the chances that I’ve received to learn more about my faith. The community that is surrounding me is full of positive and encouraging attitudes. So overall, I feel like I’ve found the perfect place to practice my faith and I love it!