I Believe

Emma - bonner springs, Kansas

I believe God has a plan for each one of us. God loves us all, and wouldn’t have put us on earth unless we had a distinct purpose for being here. I think that I was put here on earth so that I could make a difference in someone’s life. You walk down the street and you see people that live on the side of the road and you think, “Wow! They have no life.” You never know what happened to them in their past life. They could have been abandoned by their parents. No one cared what happened to them as long as they never inconvenienced anyone else. I think that God sent people like them here just so that they meet someone… maybe in a grocery store, on the street, or maybe even at a restaurant … who will give new meaning to their life as they give other people a reason to pause and examine their own mission on this earth.

What are some of the plans that God has for us? Suppose you are having a bad day, and someone walks up to you and says, “God is with you wherever you go.” That one statement could change your life in many different ways. For example, consider this story of a boy who was overwhelmed by the horrible day he had been having. Weighed down by the heavy load of school books he was carrying, he became the source of curiosity of another boy following him. The boy offered to help him carry his things home, and later became his best friend. On graduation day, that same boy who had been overloaded with school books told his best friend a secret he had never told anyone. “ You saved my life…. that day when you helped me carry all of my stuff home. That was all of my stuff from my locker and classes. I was going to come home and take some of my moms pills and kill myself; but then you came and helped me carry my stuff into my house. I realized I had a real friend and people who cared about me.”

I think that is how some people are touched by God. Although that boy was just helping him carry his stuff home, that one act of kindness saved someone’s life. I think everyone has a purpose in life, and that was his. He saved that boy’s life because it wasn’t his time to go and only God knew that. The boy that helped save a life wasn’t aware of his gift, but God knew what he was doing when he sent one of his children to help. This story just shows that God really is watching out for each and everyone of us, and he truly has a divine plan for each of us.