Dawson - Northfield, Minnesota
Themes: work

I believe if everyone works hard at something, they can do well at it.

I believe if everyone works hard at something they can do well at it. For example, i tried out for the 9th baseball team. After one week of tryouts the coach said that he would like to have me come back. the next week coach my his second round of cuts, when he told me that i didn’t make the team i was really upset. Now i know i need to work hard and practice so i can make the summer team. I know working hard can get you the things u want. Another example, when i received my report card this quarter and saw that i made the B honor role i was so happy that i was more focused and had gotten my all my work done. I know a story about a guy who played Junior Varsity basketball for his four years of high school. Everyone kept telling hm that he wasn’t good enough for varsity basketball. Well after graduating he went off to college and grew taller and became better at basketball. Soon after college, he went pro making millions of dollars, this man was Michael Jordan. Working hard at something doesn’t have to be in sports, it can also be i business.

i heard about a local vet in Northfield who started his own business in his garage. Then after awhile, he started his own clinic in Norhtfield. Now, he is building a pharmacy behind his clinic.

Like these examples, i set goals for myself and work towards them. They aren’t goals i say out load but things i want to do. To get on the baseball team next year. I know i need to practice and build strength and make the summer team. I know hard work pays off.

One thing i worked hard for was last year when i put my dog KC in the fair 4-H. I had been working hard with her all summer and was hoping i would get a blue ribbon. when the judge came around to give everyone a ribbon i was nervous. When he handed me a blue ribbon i was so excited and proud of KC. I believe, like those stories i shared about others and from my own experience, with hard work i can do well at baseball or anything else i set my goals to achieve.