Kyle - Northfield, Minnesota

There are many people in this world that believe in many different things. But there are some things out there that no one even thinks about believing, such as time. I believe in time. I believe in time because it can help us through the past present and future.

Time in the past can be beneficial. It can also teach me what not to do in the future. Time in the past teaches about the things I have done wrong and what we can change. For example, if I fail a test because you didn’t study, I now know that in the future you need to study. The past also teaches through big events in history of our planet. The big events I can think of that would teach me many important things go as far back as the Crusades. The most prevalent is the Holocaust. The Holocaust teaches me how far prejudice of people can go. People were killed because they were outsiders or disliked. These reasons for the Holocaust hopefully will not be part of our present or future day.

Time can even play a prevalent role today in the present. It can play a big role because I always want more time. I want more time to accomplish goals or enjoy fun activities. Sometimes present is the worst to learn from because we never know when I will need the things we got taught by time, but eventually those things will help me to shape my future. The present also helps me by guessing how our world is going to be like in one hundred years down the road. So I can prevent bad things from happening.

The future doesn’t teach me anything, but it helps me set goals for ourselves. For instance, I don’t want pollution in my future, so then I will try to find a way to get rid of it for the future generations.

I believe in time. It is such a wonderful thing. It is always around us. It can help or it can destroy, but time will always be there.