Healthy and Fast

Ayrton - Las Vegas, New Mexico

I believe that healthy food can be fast and doesn’t have to be like that Generic-Fast-Food-Restaurant-of-Your-Choice Junk!!!

Fast food is so popular because it’s cheap, fast, convenient, and people know what to order because all the menus are the same anywhere in the country. Fast food is everywhere so people can get it when they don’t know where else they can eat quickly. If you are driving on a long car trip, being able to get food fast is great because you can eat it in your car as you go, and get back on the road quicker.

If you eat fast food a lot you pay extra for that convenience. Most of your dollar actually pays for packaging and advertising, so you are paying for cheap ingredients, flavorings such as high fructose corn syrup, salt and cheap fatty fillers, rather than quality food.

Fast food puts you at a higher risk for cancer and heart disease. It also causes an increase in bad cholesterol that puts you at risk for a heart attack. Think of all the money you will have to spend on your health later. You will need medicine or surgery to try to heal all of the damage that fast food will have caused your arteries, heart, teeth and the rest of your body.

When I was a little kid, I’d go to McDonalds nearly every weekend with my friends so that we could climb and jump in the play area. I remember that I loved going, but that I never really ate much when my mom or Oma bought me lunch. It just didn’t taste good to me, even then.

I didn’t even like hamburgers until the day that my granddad made one for me. My granddad should have been a 5-star chef. Instead we are lucky enough to have him cooking our lunch and dinner when we go to visit. It looked and tasted great and cooked quickly, in about 3 minutes. He made me a real, fresh, fast hamburger that wasn’t mostly artificially flavored, so why can’t fast food restaurants make healthy fast food?

If corporate CEO’s say they would lose a lot of money, that they can’t afford to use quality ingredients, and still keep food that is affordable and that people will buy, then I think they are missing a big potential profit from people like me. I can’t be the only person who wants good tasting food while my family and I are traveling, or when we’re in a hurry.

I believe in healthy fast food.