A Solution

Dakota - Hinton, Oklahoma

I believe that marijuana should be legalized. It would help solve a lot of issues in this country. For one, it would help the economy out of this depression that it is going through. The government could tax marijuana amd make so much money that if every state were to tax it, the United States could easily be out of debt within the next ten years. They would no longer have to borrow money from foreign nations. There would be no more bail outs that get the government and the tax payers deeper into debt.

I believe that marijuana helps people. I believe that if the government would look at the benefits of marijuana instead of agreeing that it is a drug that is dangerous and has no benefits whatsoever, they would find that it is more of a helpful drug than harmful. It helps people that have eating disorders because it makes your metabolism by giving you the“munchies”. My grandmother Suzi had cancer and she was taking chemotherapy, which suppresed her appetite and made her not hungry, however she was prescribed medical marijuana and she was able to eat a normal diet. It is sometimes perscribed to people who have glaucoma because there is a small, short term effect in lowering intraocular pressure.

I believe that marijuana is not a dangerous drug. I believe that if pot was legalized, it would lower a lot of crime rates as well as death rates. You don’t ever hear of someone getting high, getting into a car, driving somewhere and killing someone else. You do however hear of some person getting drunk, wrecking, and killing innocent people. Personally I feel that alcohol is way more dangerous because it impairs your ability to drive a car as to where marijuana does not make things blurry and hard to concentrate on.The only reason that it is illegal is because the government can not tax it because it grows freely and they can not control where it grows. That is sad because if money is the only thing that they care about and not the good things that could also come out of it , then they have some priority issues.

I believe that marijuana is a gift to the earth and that it should be more socially accepted as something like alcohol because it is looked down apon as if it were herion or crack . I believe that if it grows in the ground and people have not put anything synthetic or dangerous in it,then there is no way that it can be a dangerous drug. The Constitution clearly states that Americans have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. If smoking marijuana makes people happy then I believe that it should be legalized because the only thing that can happen is they can make it illegal again if they don’t like the outcome.