Happiness vs. Money

Graciela - los angeles, California

I believe money can’t buy happiness. Some people say it can but I say it can’t because you may have money and everything but what’s the point of it if you can’t share it with friends or the ones you love? Not having friends, rich people aren’t always happy. I’ve seen some rich people that aren’t always happy because they don’t have friends or some of them don’t get along with their own families or the husbands are getting divorce from the wife’s.

My grandpa, a man who was rich before he died, was happy because he was able to support his family. After he died his money was given to his kids and then they all started fighting for it like who was going to keep the cars, money, and house.etc. My aunts and uncles were going to fight for money and lose their love for each other. That’s why I think money can’t buy happiness unless you want to be a loner for the rest of your life. I haven’t had this experience yet but someday if I become rich or have money, I’m not going to be fighting for it or not get along with my brothers/sisters and give half of it to my parents.

On TV I see rich people always fighting with their families or wanting to get a divorce because either their wives were using them for money or they cheated on them. I also believe money can’t buy because you may think you have the money and the love one but you really don’t because they’re using you for the money and when you don’t have money they dump you and move on. I think I don’t need money that much because I have everything I want and If I did have money I wouldn’t be happy because people would judge me and see me differently and others would pretend to be my friends to get at my money.

A person’s life becomes more complicated with money. People sometimes live beyond their means. Wanting the things money can buy can get people into trouble because later on they might regret getting it. Wanting stuff can get people addicted on things they don’t need like clothes, electronics, and, furniture. I really love money. But if I had to choose between that and some other things, I would choose my friendships and my loved ones because I know I’m going to have them forever and of course they’re priceless.

Without money the earth would be in crisis because we need money to live and survive. But on the other hand, we wouldn’t really care because at least we would have our loved ones next to us. People that prefer money over their loved ones are the loners because they care more about having money and power than being happy and normal. I never meet a person who has had money and is happy all the time because they always have things on their mind like if they did this or that. I’ve also noticed that people with money are never with their families or actually get along with them.