Brittany - Andover, Massachusetts

Right now in my life, I’m still trying to figure out what I believe is true and what is not true. Ever since I was little I considered all different beliefs very seriously before commenting on them or deciding if I agreed with it. My parents are catholic, and I was raised catholic, but I never really believed in their beliefs. It just didn’t feel right, although I tried and I listened to the stories in the bible, it just wasn’t for me. When I started refusing to go to church my parents said “You should respect us because we are your parents and you should go to church because we say so.” I distinctly remember saying, “I do respect you, and I respect your beliefs, now respect mine.” Ever since then they have let me choose whatever path I feel fits best. My ultimate goal is to find a religion to believe in, but I do not think I will. I’m more of a spiritual person. The religion that I do relate most to is Unitarian/Universalists.

Here is what I have figured out so far; I believe that everything is interconnected, but that there is no “higher being” or “God”. Although, I do not believe in a God I don’t think that there’s a right or wrong religion and all religions should be accepted. I believe that no life, no matter how small, is insignificant or unimportant. I believe we all have a soul, and that our soul can be reincarnated. I believe in Karma; that the energy we put into the universe will come back to us. This means that we all have control over our own destiny and whatever predicament we are in is a direct result of our actions. Even your thoughts control your actions and how you feel about yourself is radiated to the rest of the world. I’m a big believer that positive thinking can shape your world. I always try to see the beauty in everything and stay away from people or things that are negative.