Real Heroes

Maria - bedford, New York

I believe in real heroes in real life. I know that a real hero is one who is honest, loving, helpful, and be there in times of trouble or need. I think a hero is one who does things for us or we do for them. I had a real hero in my life but not anymore, still he is part of my life. My hero was my grandfather because he always made me feel better and always was there for me when I need him, because he loved me the most.

Once when I was like 8 years old my family and I lived on the top floor of my aunt’s house. One day when it was sunny, and warm outside I by accident broke something. My aunt was really mad at me and started yelling at me and my brothers.

My parents were not home at that time. I was crying and I went to my grandfather because we lived close to each other. He asked me “why are you crying”, I said that “Pushpa aunty yelled at me because I broke something” then he said “when I was about your age I was like you” and that made me feel better because I loved my grandfather and I know that he will be there for me no matter what.

One day my family and I moved to America because my mom got a new job here.

Now I don’t see my grandfather but I still can’t see him even if we go back to India because he passed away, but still he will be a part of my life. I believe in real heroes and everyone has one even if they are far or near. I believe in my grandfather and hope I will see him someday.