When life comes into my hands, I think it is all possible

Sarah - USA

When I was giving this assignment, I thought this was going to be the hardest school essay I could write in a month, but I figured it out.

I believe that all should be created equal. No segregation is possible where I live. Because of all of our great leaders of the past achieved their goals, we all can be who we want to be. Ever since we were all at the age of “you are too young to understand”, we have achieved great things since then.

When Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. developed his “I have a dream” speech, he did not give that up just because many people made racial comments towards him and other blacks. You may have thought that you can’t achieve a goal that you set for yourself, just because your mom or dad said “honey, you can’t be superman or the president it’s important stick to what you can really achieve”. Even though it’s impossible to fly, you can imagine that you can. Though, it is a one in a million chance that you will become president of your country, you can imagine that too.

Being a leader may not seem like it’s a big deal to you and others, but it is. Being a leader is like having a special gift. That special gift may be nothing at the moment but later on in life, it can be the best thing in the world. Being a leader means being true to yourself and others. At times this gift can seem that it is the most significant gift you can ever want. When the great leaders of the past believed that walking behind the crown is the way to lead many people thought that that was the wrong way to succeed.

Just a few months ago I experienced a chance of a life time; I attend the Junior National Young Leader Conference in Washington D.C. While at this conference I learned about different leaders and events that took place. In the time period that I was away from home, I met many new friends from around the country. On my way to the conference, I thought that there were really no other people who lived in my country other than the states I knew by heart without looking at a map. While entering my conference room I met people from the east coast, west coast and all the way from Hawaii. At the conference I learned about the different monuments, like the Lincoln memorial, the Vietnam memorial and the White House.

Being able to really learn about the people of the past and the present makes me feel fortunate about being able to take in the fact that I may be a leader when I grow up. Since I have gotten back from my conference, I have taken the knowledge I have and used it any way I could think of using it. This belief that I learned about has changed my perspective on the way I look at thing and I have learned to look at life in a more positive way. Like looking at a glass, instead of saying that it is half empty, I say it is half full. This is why I believe that anything is possible.