Great Full

Ben - bedford, New York
Themes: gratitude

When was the last time you actually thought about what you have? The first time I actually thought about what I had was when I thought about my trip to Europe and I got to go to three different countries. It was during the summer of 2008. It was with my mom and my brother. I believe that all humans should be thankful and grateful for what they have.

When I went to Europe, I went to the three countries of Italy, Switzerland, and France. The first place I went to was in Paris, France the hotel that we stayed in was smaller than my bedroom. The lifestyle is so much different than the way we live.

The second place that I went to in Europe was Switzerland. It was probably one of the coolest places that I have ever been to. We stayed in the town of Zermatt where only electric cars were aloud on the premises of the town. You also had to take a train to get to the town and leave your car parked at the station since no cars are aloud inside the town. It was a very cool trip that most people don’t get to go on in their life time.

The third place that I went to was Italy. In Italy I went to two different cites. The first city that I went to was Mongolia. It was this little town that had a really nice beach. To get to the hotel we had to go up this really skinny mountain and I got really scared going up it because I would be afraid that we would get into a car crash. The hotel was run by this family and it was really nice. Since they ran out of rooms they gave us a three bedroom apartment and it had a loft, a kitchen, a flat screen T.V. and a pretty nice bathroom. At dinner time we went down to the main office and reserved a table. When it was time to eat everybody that was staying at the hotel gathered together and we had the biggest dinner of our lives. I felt grateful for all of the food we got and thought bout all of the people in the world that were not as grateful as me at that moment. After Mongolia I went to Rome. It was definitely the trip that I am most thankful for in my life so far.

There have been many other times when I have thought about what I have. Other times that I have thought about how grateful I am for the life I live is when I hear about all of the problems going around the world. For instance, when I hear about Darfur, I feel so bad for all of the people there. Also when I hear about the war in Iraq it makes me feel so bad for all of the troops that have to be their and there families. I am grateful that none of my family members have to be there.

When was the last time you actually thought about what you had? The next time that you are grateful for something in your life think about it and actually be happy about it. Even if it is something you don’t like, it is an experience that only you get to experience. I believe in being grateful.

By Ben Ettlinger