Unbreakable Faith

Scott - Bryant, Arkansas

Walking into Jones Auditorium on the campus of OBU, I was completely oblivious to what was about to take place. As the speaker, Alex Himaya, began to preach, God grabbed hold of my heart, where He would soon live. By the end of the sermon I was certain of He was calling me to do. As Drew Cline Band began to play their unforgettable version of “How Great is Our God,” I eased my way back into my seat and said a prayer in front of about a thousand people that would change the entire course of my life. For the first time, I had a true relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Faith in the Lord is the greatest value that you can base your life upon. Before Jesus saved me, I was just flat out stupid. I would do anything for a good laugh, whether it hurt someone or not. I thought that the sun rose when I woke up and set when I went to bed. It was all about me, but that soon changed. Now nothing is for me; I take no credit for anything. Everything is for His glory, and His alone.

A couple of days later in the very same room, God grabbed my heart again. I wasn’t sure what He was doing at the time, but it didn’t take time for Him let me on a glimpse of His plans for me. He called me to go into ministry full time as a preacher. This gave me hope. This gave me the reassurance that my life on this Earth won’t be pointless. Faith in God makes me believe that greater things are yet to come.

God is the most important thing that you could ever have in your life. Once His Holy Spirit first enters your heart, it’ll never, ever leave. Think about it, the creator of the universe loves you. The creator of everything from the endless universe to every atom on your body loves you. The greatest and most significant being to ever exist came to this planet and lived and bled and died because He loves you.

You might say this God of mine isn’t real. I tell you the truth, if you ever give this God, the only true God, a chance, He’ll never let you down. If you have faith in the Lord, He will never leave you. He’s promised us this. If you even doubt Him, sin, or curse His Holy name, He still will never leave you. Because of this, there is no more room for fear anymore. God’s behind you one-hundred percent, so what do you have to be afraid of? I don’t care what other people think about me, because I’ve got God. I don’t care what the world says I need to have or do, because there’s nothing for me here. There’s no point in racking up stuff here that you can’t take with you to eternity.

Faith is all you need.