Five words beginning with the letter F

Hilary - Vermont

Family, faith, friends, fighting and forgiveness. Five simple words that all happen to start with the letter f. I believe that your family, faith, and friends shape who you are and that life is better when you fight and forgive.

My family is my rock. Whenever I have a problem, I know that my family will always be there and when I ask for advice they will be completely honest. My family has instilled in me the lessons that I need for life on my own. One of the most important lessons has been to keep my faith.

I am a very proud Catholic who can be found every Sunday on the left side of the church, sitting with my family. Without my faith, I would be lost. My faith gives me hope, direction, and provides me with answers to life’s tough questions. I use the Church’s rules as guidelines for my life, but when the answers from my church are unclear, I ask my friends.

I have a few really solid friends who I know will be there for the rest of my life. I am so thankful for these people and their unbelievable patience and listening skills. I consider my friends to be extended members of my family who I share my life experiences with and accept me for who I really am. I have cried, laughed, and yelled with these friends. Because of our special relationship, I often find myself fighting with my friends.

I believe that I fight with my friends because I know that they will love me no matter what. It is easy to get mad at the people you love because you know that it won’t last long and when it is all over, you will laugh about it. Just a week ago, I got in a huge fight with one of my best friends and he made me skip a class to talk to him about it. After a few hours of screaming and crying, we ended up napping in the sunshine in each other’s arms. That was a feeling of acceptance and love that I will never forget and it was possible because of forgiveness.

Forgiveness holds an amazing power. When my eighteen year old cousin was killed by a drunk driver, my initial reaction was that the drunk driver should have his life taken as well. After going through the grieving process and relying heavily on my family, friends, and my faith, I began to take the road towards forgiveness. This is one of the best decisions I have ever made. Forgiving this man has helped me to get over the death of my cousin and to move on with my life. Forgiveness eases your mind and helps all involved to leave the past where it belongs; in the past, and look forward to the future.

All I need are five words that start with f: family, faith, friends, fighting, and forgiveness.