Philip - Bedford, New York

Do you remember the first time you felt loved? Or how did you find out that someone meant something to you. Weather it was a crush or your parents love, it does not matter. I for one do remember this moment or “milestone” in my life. I believe I am fortunate for knowing and remembering this moment in my life. I was around 6 years old. The scenery was Lime Rock Raceway in Lime Rock, N.J. I remember the roar of car engines as they get ready to start racing. That was when I realized I was loved. The love made me feel confident. I also had a new welcoming warmness inside of me, and it made me feel like no mater what I would always and forever contain their love.

Knowing this I have felt open to experience more things with the knowledge of always having my parents love. For example, do you remember your first day of middle school? I do, I remember wanting to make more friends and seeing new people that surround, it makes me feel like a fish out of water when I’m in these situation. This I believe took confidence, confidence to talk to random people to make friends with them, and confidence to approach a group of people that are new to you. This made me set higher goals and force myself to meet them and then set higher goals till I was comfortable talking with most kids in my grade. Another memory that I have that has to do with confidence was stepping up to play goalie on my lacrosse team when we were in need of a goalie. You might not know but playing goalie is a very tough position to play. You are also heavily pressured when it comes to crunch time. You must contain confidence when facing that ball during a game when it the ball comes flying at you. I believe in confidence.

Have you ever seen the “weird” kid? I have I believe that it is wrong to label people. Everyone is who they are and there shouldn’t be consequences. Have you seen the weird kid? What have you done if you see him by himself? Stood there…watched him waiting to make fun of him, kind of like a lion preparing to pounce on it’s pray. I haven’t I have talked to him and invited him to events. It is vital to be nice because it will split up our society. For example wealthy and non wealthy or popular and non popular those are very bad because you will have a restricted amount of friends which is terrible. This I believe is important because there will be no nice if there aren’t people who act kind for the good of it. I believe in integrity because you must believe in your own beliefs. This is very important because if you don’t believe in drugs, and you are asked to do them with him or her, you say no if you are confident in your beliefs and have integrity. This is something else I believe in, integrity.

I believe in many things, and those are different things but confidence and integrity are my top two beliefs. I hope you to do believe in confidence and integrity because they are very important to contain.