Briana - Bedford, New York

Have you ever had the feeling if you tell on the person they won’t trust you anymore, but if you don’t tell they could get hurt? Well, I have. I believe the strongest and deepest emotion is love. I believe this because I have proof that it is true. Also, because I think all a person needs is love. I think this because if you pay close attention to people, and give them love, they seem 100% nicer.

I will never forget the time that my super close friend and I could have lost our friendship over something that she didn’t want me to tell. My anonymous friend was thinking she was fat, and no one loved her because of her weight, also because of something her aunt told her. To deal with these problems, and other personal ones, she would starve herself, and throw up if she did eat. My other close friend and I found out, and were really scared for her. We thought about the chances of her never talking to us again if we told someone.

So, we waited a little while and then it got worse. Then, we asked her if it was true and she turned around and her exact mumbled words were, “yes it is true, and I swear if you tell anyone I will never talk to you again”. She said this as loud as a car horn, in New York City at night. This made my other close friend and I really scared. Now we had to worry about her losing trust in us. But, we really didn’t care, we told anyway. We both thought, we would rather her hate us and be healthy, then love us and be sick. So, we told and my anonymous friend was really upset, and felt she couldn’t trust us, but she realized that there are people that loved her and we only told because we worried and loved and cared about her.

I know I am not the only one who had to test your love and your knowledge, because you wanted to do the right thing. Am I? Or, am I alone? The next time you know you might lose a friendship to help the person, do it anyway. Don’t worry about it. The person will forgive you.