A Good Life

Maxwel - Bedford, New York

I believe in a good life. A good life is not necessarily a life full of riches. Who would not want to be rich and famous? The people who gave up happiness for riches and the people that gave everything up for riches. There lives are tarnished because of the decision that left them with nobody. In order to be happy you don’t need to be rich. All you need is people who care about you,health,and happiness in order to have a good life. Health, family, and being happy is all that matters to me.

My dad use to work for Seagram’s a company that made billions of dollars a year. My dad’s job was to fly everyone who paid to fly on the private planes. He made a lot of money every year and my family and I was living the good life. But after a few years the owner sold the company. Then, my dad worked at the same hanger doing the same thing but for less money. After two years, that company moved too. Now my dad worked for JP Morgan Chase as the director of flight sales and then the company offered him a huge package that he couldn’t refuse to decline. Now he is working for Exclusive Flight Ways as the director of flight sales. We still would attend huge parties, but the recession wrecked those nice parties. However, the recession scares me very much. Especially how much people are cutting back. I’m very sacred that my dad might get cut. I hope he keeps his job he worked to hard to not get cut.

I know that a lot of people feel the same way as me. With everyone cutting back, it is scary especially when you hear that companies are cutting 300 workers a day. You don’t know if one of those workers is your dad or mom. You don’t what will happen after your dad or mom gets cut. You might lose your home since nobody’s hiring. You really can’t say it’s going to ok when you really don’t know that it’s going to be ok. The economy is horrible and we can hardly do anything about it. Since I’m a teenager I can’t work yet. I don’t know a lot about economics but I do know that our economy needs to change. I also know that if it doesn’t change everything will go down the drain. We need change and we need it now or else the kids who are just getting out of college will have nowhere to go. The generation after them will be jobless. So I’m thinking about everybody’s future.

My generation is growing up in a recession which is especially hard when you’re at my age. That is because for me and a lot of other people I’m used to getting a lot of stuff, but now we have to save money. I know that we have to save money, but it is hard. It is very easy to go up but it is very hard to go down. I hope that President Obama fixes the economy. Everybody just wants life to back to normal. All we can do is hope for the best and save money. I think the economy will go back to normal, but it will just take time and patience. I’m hoping that the economy will go back to normal, because the economy can’t really get that much worse. Finally, you can be scared by the recession but don’t get that scared, because if you or another family member is going to get cut, then what’s going to happen? I believe in a good life and you can’t let recession ruin that good life.