All you need is love

Carly - Bedford, New York
Themes: carpe diem

When I think about life, I always want to live every moment to its fullest. How do you want to live your life? As I am getting older and becoming a teenager I am trying to figure that out. Lessons that moments teach me are important. I believe in living life to its fullest. I also believe that love is a huge part of that.

A person that teaches me lessons every moment I’m with him is my dad. I really feel when I am with him we live a life that describes life to the fullest. My dad is like a hero, more than that, there really isn’t a word it. Moments with me dad are so important to me because everyone teaches me a lesson that I know I will use for the rest of my life and possibly pass them on to others and even my children.

An example is when we had gone to a local mall, he had given me one hundred dollars, which was huge, I mean its one hundred dollars. I had put the money in my boot and had totally forgotten about it. When my dad had asked me where I put the money, I panicked. I totally forgot so he said don’t worry about and gave me another 100 dollar bill. I had said to myself that wow, my dad trust me enough to give me another 100 dollar bill. When he gave me the new bill I had put it in my boot and when I put my hand in there I felt a piece of paper and pulled it out and it was the one hundred dollar bill from before! My dad knew what I had done just by seeing my face, we had both laughed. I had told my dad and he said to me “I love you, you are the best kid in the world” and I smiled. At this moment feeling loved and felt that my dad has faith in me. I know a lot of parents tell there kids that the love them or that there the best kid in the world but when he said it at that moment and what had happened I felt unconditionally loved by him. Even though I had a headache from the strong smell of brand new clothes, I was so happy. My dad had faith in me and I knew that was important.

From being around so many people that I love and love me I keep every moment close to my heart. My dad is a fine artist. At my house he has a studio that is connected to the garage. One time I was very sick and didn’t feel like being alone because my brother was at school and my dad had to work in his studio. So, my dad had gotten an air mattress and moved it into his studio and brought a really fluffy, big and comfortable comforter. He got my sisters apple laptop and brought DVD’S. My dad had done this to take care of me while he can still work. I had spent the day with my dad and realized this was what life was about, spending it with the people you love. My dad was so comforting. Now I know that I will always make someone feel that I’m not alone and have someone there to comfort you.

These times taught me a good lesson. This lesson was to love, love your friends, love your family, love yourself. This quality is a huge part to what kind of person you are and I am so happy that my dad had taught me that and that I get to share that with him everyday. I believe love is a part of living life to its fullest. This I believe.