Some Friend

George - Bedford, New York

Do you remember when you were in kindergarten? Do you remember when there was a kid in your class that would tell you things that your kindergarten mind wouldn’t even detect that it was too ridiculous to believe, even though it was a lie? I believe, that you should give that kid with the ridiculously things to say another chance to make up for his wrongs that he had made. I believe that everyone should give someone else a chance, if we do this then maybe the world can become a better place where everyone is given a second chance in life.

When I was in kindergarten, my friend and I went around my school during recess when we were not supposed too. My friend had told me that he had known where our preschool teacher was in the school. Foolishly, I went ahead with his idea not even remembering that if I had done this, I would have been in so much trouble. We went around the school many of times without being caught and every room my friend said the teacher was in, he would make up an excuse that he had gotten the wrong room and that the teacher was over there in the room over there.

In the end we ended up in the principal’s office and when the principal asked whose idea it was to roam the school, my friend said it was my idea to roam the school without permission and not his. After being accused of starting this act, I was furious with what he had done. After we left the principals office, I told him

“Hey what’s your problem?” I told him. “You lied in there!” “Yea I know.” He had said.

“Well why did you lie?” I had questioned him.

“I did it because I’m scared to admit it to the principal.” He had answered. “Ok. But you got to tell the principal tomorrow.” I said.

“But you are not my friend anymore?” he questioned.

“No, I’m really mad at you, but if you don’t tell the principal tomorrow then I won’t be your friend. But I will forgive you because it is the right thing to do. That is what my mommy always tells me” I said. After that, the day went on.

The next day, my friend had admitted what he had done to the principal and that made me very mad and sad at him. Later on during recess I told the principal the truth about whose idea was it to go roam the school. As for my friend, he was punished to not go outside for one day. To this very day he and I are still friends talking to each other and obeying the rules and not roaming the school. I believe if the world did something like I did, maybe everyone will learn to accept everyone’s differences, and start to create a better community. Not only a better community but a better world. I believe in fair trial to others and to give others a second chance. This is what I believe.