Brotherly Love

Jason - Bryant, Arkansas

Brotherly Love

I believe in brotherly love. I know this isn’t Philadelphia, but my brother loves me. Since my dad hasn’t been a part of my life since I was 2, my brother has been my role model, my mentor, and everything else that a dad would be. Even though he has 2 sons of his own, he includes me in almost all their family activities.

My brother has coached me in basketball, baseball, and football, he has been my Sunday school teacher, helped teach me to swim, and is always there when I need someone to talk to. He even baptized me.

I’m not saying that I don’t have any kind of relationship with my real dad, because I do. However since he lives in Albuquerque I don’t see him very often. Our relationship mainly consists of phone calls and e-mails. The day-to-day male influence has always been my brother, and I couldn’t have asked for a better role model.

His quiet demeanor and love for his 2 sons and I is always evident. Even though he has a busy work schedule he always makes time to watch the big game, take on all the waterslides at Magic Springs, gets to know our coaches, and coaches our teams.

My brother has a calm and gentle way of speaking to any one of us when we have messed up. No yelling, just a calm discussion about what we did, what we should have done, and how best to achieve that goal the next time a similar situation comes up.

In so many ways he shows us by example the kind of person we should strive to be. From community service and attending church to studying hard and keeping our grades up, he is supportive in every way. He always make time for a game of hoops or just to mess around with us.

As you can tell I’m one of my brothers biggest fans and fell very fortunate to have him in my life. My brother is most certainly the MVP in my life. That is why I believe in brotherly love.