Cofidence and Dedication

Austin - bedford, New York

I believe that you should try your best at what you like to do no matter how hard it is. You should try your best and have confidence and dedication to what you like to do if you want to have a future in it. I think that we all have to improve ourselves in some areas. I’m trying to improve myself in basketball and in swimming. I’ve played basketball since I was little but I never tried hard in basketball and now I wish I had because I want to make something out of it. I’m still working in that area but I have confidence, I have dedication and I believe that I can reach my goal.

When I first started swimming at six I was undefeated in the freestyle. Then when I was ten I was undefeated in the backstroke and broke the backstroke record. I had confidence but I wasn’t dedicated and when it started to get hard I wanted to take the easy way out. Now I realize that if you want to be good at something you have to work hard because everything in life won’t be easy.

I look up to my brother because he shows confidence every time he goes up to the blocks he thinks he can win the race.He is serious and he always asks questions about other swimmers to see what he has work on and watches pros to get better. This shows dedication and confidence that he wants to get better and he not going to stop until he reaches his goal. Now I’m trying my best at what I do and I believe that everyone should if it is what you like to do. Some people might tell you that your bad and you can’t do it but you can’t listen to them keep on trying your best at what you like to do. I believe that you should do what you like to do no matter what other people say and if you try your best, work hard and show confidence and dedication it may take you somewhere.