tashira - st.louis, Missouri

Every since I can remember, I’ve always enjoyed helping people. To help people makes me feel so good inside. Sometimes it feels better than to do for me and my family. My belief is what you do unto others, it will come back around good or bad, but I choose the good.

For example, I’ve always had a car every since I was eighteen years of age and I’ve always been the one to call on when someone needs to get somewhere. When I’m at work and I see one of my coworkers standing on the bus stop, the majority of the times I would stop and ask do they need a ride and I would take them home. This is something that I would do on a regular basis without expecting anything back. Then there came a time when I was on the bus line. Even though I wouldn’t beg for a ride or expect anyone to take me home. I knew that my day would come because I know that I do good deeds all the time without any handouts. Sometimes my coworkers would offer me rides home and sometimes would just ride by as if they didn’t see me or blow and keep going. Even though these types of things would happen, I never got mad or angry at anyone because I know that when people get off of work, we sometimes have other obligations that we have to meet.

So every day, I continued to get one that bus line. Sometimes my family would ask me, why don’t you call one of your friends who you work with to see if they’ll come and pick you up, and I would say no because they all know that my car is down and if they wanted to give me a ride they would’ve called me. Then one particular day, one of my cousins whom I work with called me at home before I was leaving out for a day’s work and asked me if I needed a ride to work and I told her yes. Then she said, if you need a ride until your car get fixed, I’ll take you back and forward until you get back on track. That conversation was one of the best blessings that I could get.

So it really does pay of to help someone, you never know when you’re going to need a favor. So my morale is, just take sometime out to do something good for someone else and I promise you it would make you feel good and something twice as good will come to you.