What do you believe? I believe

Jenifer - Bedford, New York

What do you believe? I believe that one lemon is just like one life. Why? Because it takes a long time to squeeze all the juice and seeds out of the lemon like it take a long time for you to live you life and use all that you can get out of you. But one main part I would like to focuses on that I think a lemon most counts with me is have you ever gone to the store and you went to pick up a lemon and you walk over and see all these lemon row by row waiting for someone to take them home and squeeze them out. But you do not know which one to take home with you and you are looking row by row to look for the most yellowy lemon that you have ever seen. Then you come down one of the rows have not seen the right lemon just yet but you have just caught your eye on the brownest lemon you have seen yet and you think to yourself why would anyone ever want to take that thing home and see what is in side or under that brown nasty skin of it. After you see that one you just cant look at it anymore so you grab one lemon that is not brown and walk away.

In a way I used to think that was what people thought of me when they looked at me because it was born with a leg problem that is call syerpopalse which is something were you are not complete connected from your brain to your legs and think the way you walk is the way you see everyone else walking but that is not how people look at you and see you walk. How this connects with a lemon is just like no one wanted to take a chance with that brown lemon. I am like it, and no one wants to take a chance and look on what I am really am about not just the traits I was born with. I thought this when I was in kindergarten and I was walk in the hall and I had leg braes from my foot up. I was passing these two kids and after I passed them I heard them talk about or say something like look how she is walking. At that moment maybe I did not completely compeer thay moment with a brown lemon but I know I did feel like there was something wrong with me. But now I look back to that moment, I see my self as a person that has come such a long way.

This is why I belie I would never change anything about me. Although I am not saying I am that brown lemon or that no one else is quick but just simply saying that I am not just different from everyone because of my hair color or my eye color but something that truly works me a little harder ever day to become what I am today and what I will become latter on in life. This I believe one life is like one lemon.