Success and Dedication

Eric - Bedford, New York

Have you ever been frustrated with something? Have you ever thought you would get something on the first try but it took you a long long time to accomplish it? I sure have felt that way. It is hard to get something on the first try when you are skateboarding. I thought I was going to be to land a trick on the first try. I was wrong. One day I bought a skateboard. That day I was obsessed with my skateboard. It took me a little while to master the basics. But, by the end of the day I had the easy stuff down. Then I thought I was going to be an amazing skateboarder because I caught on really quickly. So the next day I went outside to skate some more, but with a bad attitude thinking I was all that. My driveway where I skate is pretty flat and good for skating. I tried to master a simple trick but could not get it. I quickly got frustrated and impatient. After a few minutes of trying I quit and went on to something else. I got tired of falling and not being able to land it quickly and consistently. I got hurt on my last try and that was the last straw for me. I took all my anger and frustration out on my skateboard, not myself even though I knew it was my lack of skill. I just did not want to blame it on myself.

I took me quite a while to master that one simple beginner trick. It took me a few weeks to be exact. It wasn’t just landing it, but landing it consistently.

I learned from that experience that patience and dedication lead to success and you need to enjoy and feel proud about yourself when you succeed. Finally when I got the trick down I felt so proud. All the bruises and scrapes were worth it to me when I got it down and it was worth it because I did not give up even though I wanted to many times. I realized that my hard work and dedication paid off. I realized that it takes time and perseverance to accomplish something. Nothing comes on the first try and when you do get it, feel proud, and feel like you did something good. Now after a long time of working hard and dedicating time to skateboarding I am amazing at it.

Nothing comes easy or overnight. Every single thing in the world you have to work for. You can never give up or you will be a no body. If you give up you will never accomplish anything and be a successful person. You have to keep pushing and realize that you need to work hard. I almost gave up because of my frustration. But now all the frustration, pain and bruises are worth it. If you want to be good at something you have to work. You have to put up with the rain if you want the rainbow. If every activity came overnight there would be nothing to work for in our world.

Dedication leads to success. Success is one of the most important things in the world. You need to dedicate yourself to succeed. Without dedication and success the world would stop turning because there would be nothing to live for. There is a lot of competition in our world, in order to succeed and get ahead in life you need dedicate yourself. Then enjoy the great feeling of success.