Wyett - Bedford, New York

I believe in friendship and in never giving up. Have you ever had one of these problems when you either had a long term relationship with someone, or had a friend you have been separated from a friend, I got separated from a close friend. Being away from my friend has taught me to stay true, to my beliefs and my friends.

I have had a rough time keeping up with those beliefs. I almost gave up once but I realized that I can’t. I can’t give up I have to keep going. At some times I feel that we aren’t friends. On the inside I know that we will always be friends. So it doesn’t matter if I think that we aren’t friends because I know we are.

His name is Dylan. We have been friends from early childhood. We are still friends, but it’s not the same. We used to see each other every day that is until I moved to New York from Chicago. We used to go to the park and play all day. We had so much fun, getting gooey cheese fries at Charles dinner. Our apartments were one block away and most of the time I was at his house or he was at mine. We used to do these activities daily

Now we are more than 700 miles apart. That can make it hard to see each other. We used to go across the street to play on the play ground or go to the museum or what ever, then go up to his room or mine and drop food on unsuspecting bypassers. We where as tight as a kangaroo and its baby. Now we can only see each other once a year. But I know that we will still be friends forever.

I know that today in modern times we have video chat and Aim that let you talk with people from across the world in a instant, but that doesn’t help. It’s not the same, it’s just a digital version of that person you cant high five the person when your happy or hurt them when your angry. You can only see them, not smell, not touch, and not really communicate with them. It sucks but it’s taught me to hang on to whatever you have never let go even when there is little hope.

Still being friends with Dylan has taught me a lot. It has taught me to never give up and to stick true to friends. But what has really been shown to me by this process is that you have to stay friends if you want to be good friends. To be good to your self and good to others and you will have that friend today tomorrow and forever. So never give up no matter who what or where you are never give up on friendship. This I believe.