What About Freedom?

Philip - Bedford, New York
Themes: freedom

Why do some people have different limits? Why don’t kids have much freedom? Who gets the most freedom in the world? I believe that kids should have the equal amount of freedom. Most of the time kids can’t get what they want but I don’t understand why. For example if there is a responsible boy and he wants to go to the park I believe that that the boy’s parents should trust him that he will do the responsible thing. Why not just let the boy have is his freedom? Why do people always suspect that you are up to no good.

When I was young I enjoyed going to the park and playing with my friends. We would have such a good time that I would never want to leave, and when I did leave I couldn’t wait until I got back with them. I would always ask my parents if I could be with them when I had nothing to do, they said “No.” One day when I was idle watching television and I heard a man say “Just follow along with what your parents say and every thing will be a lot better then doing the opposite.” I wish that my parents would let me have everything in the world but I knew that would never happen. Some of my friends were allowed to do everything that they wanted to do when they wanted and I was jealous. Sometimes I would just want to go ballistic on them when they didn’t let me do what I wanted to do but I didn’t, I would just keep my cool and every thing was fine.

I learned that you can’t always go where you want and do the things you want to do when you feel like doing them. When I hear my mom or dad say no, I feel sad and frustrated but now I learned that people don’t always say no just because they are mean. There is an explanation of why they want you not to do that thing so then you just have to find something else to do. I also learned that if you prove to someone that you can do something it will make it a lot easier and they will become a lot more trustworthy with you in the future. If I could go back in time I would tell my parents about every thing and how it wasn’t fair but some one told me when you live with your parents you live by their rules.

Now I am kind of sad when I look back at those days because I could have been having a good time instead of just sitting home doing not really too much. I will tell my parents what I think about it now, and how I felt about when wanted it before. Most parents just want to protect their children and keep them out of trouble. That’s the way it is, and I don’t think it’s going to change. But I will always believe that kids should have freedom! Going back to what that person told me about their house their rules, I understand why they said that. Also, I think this will teach me a lesson about rules and how you have to live your life a certain way. I believe that kids should have freedom; I believe that parents should trust their children to do the right thing and I also believe that when people give people what they want they will give back to that person and also others.