What Matters Most

Brandon - Litteton, Colorado
Themes: carpe diem

What do I believe? I believe we should enjoy life. I believe what matters most is living, loving, and making the most of today.

There are many people in my life who represent what it means to live life to the fullest. My grandfather is the most dignified, wise, caring, and honorable person I know. He represents family. I believe family is what gives life sweetness and joy. My father has an unbelievable ability to work harder than anybody then turn around and play harder than anybody. He represents the perfect balance between work and play. I believe a fulfilling life is developed, refined, and especially sustained by maintaining equilibrium between diligent hard work and well-deserved fun. My wife is beautiful, smart, and talented in many respects, and she is able to see potential for improvement better than anyone I know. She represents the absolute necessity to not settle for mediocrity in order to achieve greatness. I believe greatness can be achieved by anyone who is willing to push beyond the ordinary to strive excellence.

One of my favorite things to do is stand on top of a mountain and look out at whatever is below. Those moments remind me of my insignificance in the world. Such moments confirm to me that we are a part of something larger than this world and this life. I believe we are a part of a divine plan and that there will be a continuation of life and all life has to offer after we leave this life.

There have been times when I have thought twice about the direction I decided to go in my life. However, every time I take a step back and give myself some time to let things play out, I am continually reminded that almost any situation can be worked out for the best. Are things meant to be? I don’t think everything is, but I do believe that there are certain things that are meant to be. We just need to have the faith to keep moving.

When all is said and done with our lives I think the thing that will matter most to us is whether we made a positive difference in the world. I believe we as individuals can make the world a happier place even if only in our own small sphere. When we can see the potential in people and when we treat people according to what they can and should be we can bring out the best in people. I believe we can change the world one person at a time. This I believe.