Sometimes It Takes Rain

Taylor - Concord, North Carolina

There always comes a time in life where we are hurt by something, not physically, but emotionally. Whether our relationship ends, our favorite pet dies, or our relatives pass away, we are all hurt and in pain about something. We walk around emotionless and clueless to the world around us, staring out the window. It takes us a while to overcome these obstacles, but with strength, support, and love we get through these hard times.

I had an old friend whose parents both died when he was twelve years old, though I did not know then what it felt like to lose someone so close, I do now. I lost my Uncle Blake in a terrible car crash in July of 2006. It was devastating and I was hurting more than anyone knew. I cried for weeks, my tears like rain, falling fast and hard. It took me a long time to get over his death and move beyond the bad things. I felt the pain of losing someone very close to me, and I knew what it was like to have your heart torn out and your world shattered.

Somewhere between all that pain was happiness, but it just would not come out. It was like the seed to a flower, only it would not sprout and grow. I had to wait for my happiness to show, I had to wait for the rain to come and pass. Soon I started to get happier and forget about the pain I was in. I started to remember all the fun times I had with my Uncle Blake before he died, and how my love for motorcycles never would have emerged if it was not for him. Things like this take time to get past, but with courage that you will make it you can choose to get past it or live with it forever.

We cannot live in the past forever, if we do we will never reach our future. We need to see life with our own eyes and control how we want to live. Though going through the pain of something devastating is hard, it can lead to great things. It can lead to old memories, forgotten times, or those special moments you vowed to never forget.

Though we never know for sure what is going to happen in life, we need to just go where it leads us. Those bad times will turn good, and problems will fade away into memories. With this, I believe that rain makes a rainbow.