Contraception, the Ultimate Deception

Katelyn - Overland Park, Kansas

I believe that contraception is wrong because it prevents the possibility of life and can cause abortions, it removes God from the act of love, and it allows lust to enter into the union between a husband and wife. Unfortunately, it is widely accepted even by Christians. Because of it, many marriages fail.

When a couple uses birth control pills, or any other form of contraception, an attitude of individual selfishness exists in one if not both individuals. As well as preventing pregnancies, the pill can also cause an abortion if conception occurs, and the baby makes it to the mother’s womb. The pill will cause the uterus lining to reject the child. It can also cause the baby to starve to death in the mother’s fallopian tube. Contraception (chemical abortions) kills more than 7 million babies per year, while surgical abortions kill 1.5 million babies per year.

Contraception removes God from the equation, turning one of His greatest gifts into an act of lust. When a couple gets married, they become one flesh. They are supposed to give themselves “totally” to each other. When the pill is used, they are holding back from one another, and they are excluding God from their marriage.

The union between a man and a woman is polluted with lust by the use of contraception. Sex, rather than being an act of love, becomes a compulsive want. Many have lost sight of the difference between “love” and “lust.” Because of this, most people don’t see the wrong in using the pill.

God’s great gift, the ability to give life, is meant to be an act of love. Contraception strips the beauty away from this act. It can prevent the possibility of life and can cause abortion, it cuts God out of the act of love, and allows lust into the relationship between a man and a woman.