I believe in freedom.

Connor - Olathe, Kansas
Themes: freedom

I believe in freedom.

There are many ways to run countries but I believe that socialism is not the way. Socialism is a theory or system of social organization that advocates the vesting of the ownership and control of the means of production and distribution, of capital, land, etc., in the community as a whole. This means that when put in to effect socialism involves the removing of freedoms and having the government control most of everything.

If you think about it, socialism involves humans agreeing to make their own assets and expertise entirely subservient to the betterment of the society or nation as a whole, on the faith that everyone will do the same. The problem is that usually not everyone does the same, so it winds up being a few shouldering the burden of the many, until the few suddenly realize, hey why am I doing all the work to provide for the others? Sure looking at socialism it seems to have some positive qualities. There are no rich and poor, everyone gets health care, all school is paid and any other service that you need. It is a great theory but not a practical form of government. The people ruled by socialism in essence have no possessions. The Government dictates and provides all services. This includes everything such as choosing a school or even your own doctors. Naturally this leads to the government having everything while the populous stays poor. Along with the people not having anything there is no reason to work where is your incentive to work because if you work you get taxed very high if you don’t work the government supplies for you. So why would you want to work? Along those same lines why would people choose to excel at things or work at bettering themselves there would be no incentive in doing so everyone is treated as if they are the same.

Every way in which a government is run has flaws, however I believe flaws highly out way the positives. In history socialism has failed and if implemented again will do so again. Ronald Reagan once said, “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Socialism limits your diversity. Humans are suppose to be diverse that is what makes the world so beautiful. Government should not be big it limits everyone’s potential in the end they run your life not you. Socialism is against human nature. I believe that everyone should be who he or she wants to be. Every individual should have his or her own dreams, goals and wishes and non of it should have to be limited by your government.