Tara - Overland Park, Kansas

“A friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be somewhere else.” Have you ever felt like you were the only one who had a certain problem? Did you think that no one cared? This feeling of doubt or fear has happened to all of us. When I am having some difficulty I talk to my family about it, but most of all I turn to God. Friends are people that you can count on to be there for you until the very end. When the going gets tough they are there. Jesus is an example of an amazing friend.

“Friends are needed for both joy and sorrow.” Some days are good, while some can be bad. A friend knows when you need some cheering up. When I am in a bad mood I can count on my friends to be there to make me laugh. They enjoy the good times and cry with you through the bad ones. This reminds me of the time that my family moved to Kansas. We all cried for a long time, but when we got to Kansas my older sister joined a softball team. My family and I made some new friends, and by the time that school started we all had a couple good friends. It was so nice to go from shy and scared, to excited and overjoyed with buddies. Also, we are all still best friends to this day.

Jesus is our Good Shepherd. He cares for all of his sheep, big or little, short or tall. If I have a problem or something that is troubling me, I know that I can always go to him and he will comfort me. God sent his son so that we would have a chance to go to heaven and be with him. When I see the crucifix at mass or anywhere it reminds me of what he did for us. With love that is powerful and full, you know that it has to be a remarkable person. Friendship is a gift from God and Jesus and his father will love us until the day we die. Love others as he has loved you. “A friend is a shoulder to lean on, an ear to listen, and a heart to comfort.” Trust in God and he will be there to comfort you in all your good times and bad.