Gods Plan for You

Emily - Northfield, Minnesota

I believe that God has a plan for everyone. I believe that each and every person comes into this world with God knowing what kind of person they could become. It’s up to us if we are willing to accept this plan or not. Big or small, loud or quiet, I believe that we all are put into this world for a reason.

My aunt has a picture of my cousin stepping off of a bus in kindergarten. On the frame it says, “For God knows the plans he has for you”. After I read that message, I was inspired by the idea. I think about it often, and it makes me wonder about each person and what they were meant to do. I think to myself, “That person was meant to be a doctor. They are good at helping patients.” It makes me think about what everyone else is meant to do in life.

About four years ago, my cousin was killed in a car accident after being hit by a drunk driver. The year before she died, she was chosen to be the Miss Red Wing Princess. As she was one of the princesses, she was given several chances to help in her community and with people around her town. I believe that my cousin was put in to the world for the short amount of time to just help others. She was one of those people who was easy to talk with, and she would always listen. People enjoyed being around her.

At my age I think it is hard to tell what God’s plan is for my life, but I believe that God put me into this world to also help those in need. This past summer, I went on a church mission trip to Minneapolis for a week. We went to many places, especially places with lots of poor people. During the day, I went to a church group with young kids. I immediately became attached to the kids I met, and ever since then, I’ve enjoyed playing with younger kids and making them laugh.

No matter where a person is in life, I believe that God has a plan for everyone, because each and every person was put into this world for a reason. I believe that God has plans for everyone, but it is up to that person to live up to his purpose in life.