On Eagles Wings

Samuel - Lenexa,, Kansas

On Eagles Wings

I was born on April 9, 1994 in Kansas city Missouri. My life as a kid was pretty normal. I would go outside and play with my brothers; like any other kid does. As I got older, I started to notice a few things. Things like helicopter lights going over my house at night looking for some kind of criminal, prostitutes coming in out of the house across the street, and sometimes when my parents where done putting me to bed they would see guys get out of cars with sawed off shotguns in their over coats walking in to the house across the street. There would be druggies coming in and out of my neighborhood constantly. The funny thing about this whole thing is that I didn’t even know about the guys with the guns until we moved. This time in my life was the most important thing to me because God protected me from all the harm that the devil put in my family’s way. The times that God protected me are the times I will never forget. The time I was playing outside when a van came racing into my neighborhood with a police car following. Six men jump out of the car in front of my house and ran right past me with the police right on their tail. Another time when my brother was in the middle of a drive by; nothing happened to him; miraculously. I wake up every day thanking God that nothing happened to me or my brother those days. The biggest time of all that I believe that God was right there with us all was when we were robbed while we were home. My parents did everything they could to fight off the crimes that were going on in our neighborhood. They did there best keeping me out of trouble. I truly thank and love them for it. In the end it wasn’t enough. It was a message from God saying we need to get out of there as soon as possible. So we did; fast. This brings me to who and where I am today because of God. At the end of it all God was our ultimate protector.