The time God was in my life

Jacob Schreifels - Shawnee, Kansas

I believe God has been in my life many times. Even though I can’t totally remember, I believe he was there during my baptism because I didn’t know what was going on, and I would have needed His comfort and Guidance. I know He was there during my first communion also. I know this because we had been preparing for it for a long time, and I had been praying a lot so I knew that he would be there.

Another time He was in my life was during first reconciliation. I had to have Him there, because I was really scared to have to ask the priest for forgiveness. I talked to God about it, and he helped me get the courage to do it. I am glad He was there because I don’t think I would have been able to go through this experience without knowing God was there for me.

Another time was during my confirmation. I know he was in my life a lot during other times in my life, but this was the time when he was there the most. I could tell God was there, because I felt him help me pick out my confirmation saint name. The name he ended up helping me choose was Saint Juan Diego. I chose this name because he was the first Saint I ever learned about, and also because he had an interesting story. I also knew that he was in my life, because he helped me find my way when I was having questions about my faith life. I knew he was there, because he would give me little signs to show me the answers to my questions. Without Him during my confirmation I would have had a much different experience. God really helped me through confirmation.

God has been in my life so many times during my life. Without my belief in Him and without my knowledge of Him being there I know my life would have been much, much different. I am glad He was there to guide me so I could go through all these sacraments. I believe that experiencing these sacraments will be a great help to later in life.