I Believe

Austin - Shawnee, Kansas

I believe in God. I’ve been raised my whole life in a Catholic family. I’ve gone to church just about every Sunday since I was born. I have formed this belief through my family, friends, and myself.

My family and I work together to get closer to God, and my parents are the reason for this. They always make sure I am learning about God and Christ. At dinner we will have discussions on what is going on in the world and what the Church teaches. These can get very intense. My dad is very informed about our faith and Catholicism. My faith in God is getting deeper and deeper as it is being formed. Friends also help in the formation of this belief.

Without the help of my friends I wouldn’t be able to express my faith. When I was first forming my faith, I was afraid to share what I thought. I always thought that my friends would think I was weird if I talked about God, but I came to find out this wasn’t the case. They never judge me because I speak about God, but they actually encourage it. I’m not embarrassed to tell them my belief, or the way I see what was happening in the Gospel. I have also formed my belief in God by myself in prayer and reflection.

Although others can help me talk about God, I have to do some myself. I pray daily with no one watching. I try to preach to others, and sometimes there is no one there to help me. This can be very difficult at times, but I try my hardest to get through it. I have trust in myself to always stick with God and never give up on him., but this can also be the hardest part. I have to rely on myself to always believe in him, which isn’t always cool or easy. This is where I have to use the tools of my family and friends again.

I have been blessed by God to have all these resources to share and grow in my faith with Him. God intended for us to share with each other and have everybody grow in their faith. With the support of everyone around me and the love of my family I have come to truly believe in God.