This I believe…

Grace - Kansas, Kansas

I believe in God the Father almighty. I say this because it is true. When saying this prayer I understand the concepts; I understand what it means. I believe in my Father, our Savior Jesus, and miracles.

When people ask me about my faith or ask me what I believe in. I often respond with something like “ I believe in everyone’s Father, God.” If they’re not catholic they don’t really understand. Which gives me the chance to tell them about my faith. Our Savior Jesus is a miracle maker. He helps us through everyday things; sometimes it might be postponing a test, or even being there when we need a friend. When explaining my religion I often get a little shy; I don’t like offending anyone about his or her religion because of what I believe in. Sometimes it’s just easier to stand back and not say a word. But this year has been pretty hard for me including that my dad has been gone and back from Iraq for about three times now. I turned to Jesus. He has helped me so much. Even though I came from a school where not one of my grade school friends came too, and I think I’m getting used to it. I realize that there’s more than just groups that your in. I recognized the people that were getting left out. I actually understood how they felt. And to be honest it was a pretty good feeling. Knowing that I could understand someone else, and knowing that I wasn’t alone. God has done so much for my family. He helped my family through a lot. But mostly working with us through the tough times we had when my dad had been coming and going, we would never know when he was coming home and how long he was staying.

I believe in God. I believe in Jesus our Savior. And most of all I believe in the miracles that he performs through each and every one of us. He is there; we just have to find him. We have to look for him. We have to except him. We have to bring him into our lives. He is there to help now let him in. That is why I believe in God the Father almighty.