Loyal Pets

Caitlin - Kansas City, Kansas

Loyal Pets

I believe that all animals should be treated with respect. They should not be bought as an accessory or an item; they must be cared for and looked after just as a child. If you get an animal, you are taking on the responsibilities of giving it food, water, and shelter. Some animals need medical care so the owner needs to be aware of that and have the money to get medical care for the pet. Some people get the animal and use it as a way to look good. When they tire of it, they toss it aside. Animals need food, attention, and medical help when necessary.

It is a given that animals need food, just like people need food and water. An animal is like a child until it grows up. They must be cared for and nurtured. Some animals are badly mistreated by people, like they are beaten or starved, and those people never deserved that animal. God created the animal and he did not want it to be mistreated. If you want to get a pet, you need to figure out if you are able to take care of the pet or not. They need water and food to survive. They also need attention so they are well adjusted and not aggressive.

Some animals are neglected and as a result don’t trust humans or want any contact with them, even if they are trying to help. Some animals are used for entertainment and are raised to fight. These animals will never be able to be placed in a home without endangering the owner. The animals who are afraid of humans might never be able to stay in today’s lifestyle. The animals who are lucky to adapt to the surroundings might lead a normal rest of their life.

If an animal needs medical attention, like for a wound, the owner must be aware of these additional cost and have the means to treat the animal. If an animal is infected

with heart worms, the owner must be able to afford the medicine for the pet and not blow it off. The must treat the animal just like you would treat yourself if you get sick. You would take the advice and the medicine that the doctor gives you so why not the advice and medicine that the vet gives your pet? If you have a pet who has allergies, you must be able to give them shots and afford special food for them. Pets should be a part of the family. You would give your child the help that they need so why not the pet? If you don’t plan on taking care of the pet, then you don’t need the pet.

Because God made all living things shouldn’t you take care of all living things, including animals? God did not want his creations to be mistreated or neglected. He made some of them to give us company. I don’t understand why people get a pet and then not take care of it or get rid of it when when you are ‘done’ with it. God made things for a reason and only he can take life and make life legally. The pets in your home are there for some reason, either for protection or companionship. They are part of the family and they do not need to be treated badly in any way. Pets are a big responsibility but they can be a great joy too and a loving part of the family.