True Friendship

Nathan - Lincoln, Nebraska

I believe in true friends. This year at Union College, I have forged some true friendships. In those friendships I can truly say that they are my true friends for a lifetime by my experiences this year.

I believe that true friends are there for you no matter what happens in life. True friends do not leave you when times get tough. This year I was driving my way back from home in Wisconsin to college in Lincoln, Ne and my car started to steam from the engine, so I pulled off to the next exit to the truck stop and stayed there the night. The next morning I call up my friend, Caleb, I told him what happened and asked him if he could come and pick me up so he told me OK and came and got me. I considered that as a true friend because he knew I was in trouble and he dropped everything and came and got me I really like that and appreciate what he did for me.

I believe that your true friends will be able to try new things that you normally don’t do just because your friends enjoys doing that activity. Well this year I have a couple of friends that love playing paintball and I have never gone paintballing in my entire life so for my birthday they took me to a field in Omaha, NE. Just stepping out on the field for the first time was weird because I didn’t want to get shot but yet I wanted to get hit to get the full experience of going paintballing. I enjoyed what they did for me in sharing their passion for paintballing with me.

I have found my true friends for a life time here at Union College. I know can say that I have true friends in my life and can depend on them whenever I need something done, I can ask one of them. This is why I believe in true friends.