Faith - Overland Park, Kansas

“I believe”

Have you ever had a moment in your life where you were not for sure what you believed in? I have had many moments where I was not for sure if I believed in God. I thought that things would be perfect if God was really on my side. Saint James has really helped me through this, showed me what I believed in, and how to live it out.

When I first heard of Saint James, I never thought that I would want to go there not being Catholic. I thought that I would be out of place, not knowing what to think. Then I went and shadowed Kelly. I never thought that a school could ever be as much as a “family” could be at a school. The staff, and students are more than nice to me, they are very including and caring. I thought that not being Catholic would effect my friendships, but that is not the case at the academy. After just one day, I felt that God wanted me to attend SJA. Thats when I new what I believed.

My first day of classes I was nervous. I had to go to Theology, not knowing anything about the Catholic religion, and going to Mass was not easy either. Then one day everything dawned on me. I felt like Jesus was talking to me in so many different ways that I could not respond fast enough. I finally felt that I understood the Catholic religion and that I wanted to be apart of it. Going to Saint James helped me find exactly what I believe in.

SJA has let me fill out my faithful life. I can go to Mass everyday if I wanted to. I feel free to talk about the Lord with other people, and have fun doing it. I can see Jesus in every person at Saint James Academy including that staff. I cannot wait till I am a senior, and I get to show the lower class-men what being Christian is all about.

Whenever you are having moments in your life where you are finding it hard to believe in Christ, talk to someone and that someone would be your savior Jesus Christ. I know that he had loved me throughout this whole process of finding who I believe in, and I know that he will be there through yours. Saint James has really helped me through this part of my life, and if you were to come and see I think that it would do the same for you too.