Tom - Overland Park, Kansas
Themes: morality

I believe in life. The preciousness of the human life is not comparable to anything else in the world. Many people claim that taking away that life is a right. However I believe that no one has that right, and I am going to do everything in my power to teach others about the significance of a child. I am prolife.

Several politicians, doctors, and religious leaders are fighting against the evil practice of abortion. Abortion, according to Dictionary.com, is the removal of an embryo or fetus from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy. This definition leaves out many crucial side effects from the definition. Not only does it end the pregnancy, but also it violently disposes of a human baby. What most mothers who get an abortion don’t know is that their baby is indeed alive. Before a child is born, there are many signs of life including the sucking of the thumb, kicking, and large amounts of growth and development. As seen in a common sonogram, a human baby in the womb, closely resembles a human person, but in smaller proportion. This is a living human child!

Aside from the destruction of the baby’s life, the mother’s health is in jeopardy as well. Abortions can permanently disable a mother from conceiving more children. Some forms of abortion leave the mother bleeding, and if this internal bleeding continues for too long, the woman’s life is at stake. Prochoice supporters never tell you about the danger to the mother caused by abortion, and hide the terrifying, horrible, and ugly truth from the eyes of America’s young women.

If the mother does not want to take care of the baby, there are many other options. Some women who have conceived a child are unable or too young to raise a child. The answer to this problem is to give the baby up for adoption. Families around the world are looking to adopt children. Just because one woman may not care for the human in her womb, it doesn’t mean abortion is the only choice.

No one can prevent the world from all murder, but this style of creating deaths in the world is insane, and it can easily be prevented. This is a mass killing of human beings similar to Hitler’s evil Holocaust. Over 7 million Jews were killed in the Holocaust. The mass killing of babies is so much worse. Over the course of 37 years approximately 50 million children were aborted, and their lives lost. There are many ways to put up a fight against abortion. Many can participate in peaceful protests. If everyone donated small amounts of money to prolife causes like Life Legal Defense Foundation and Catholic Advocate, politicians might finally learn how evil abortion is. Hopefully, they will help illegalize this practice. As for me, I will stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves; I will defend the defenseless; I will fight for the weak. I believe in life for all.