I Can Achieve Anything

Rey - Northfield, Minnesota

I Can Achieve Anything

I believe that if I set my mind on a goal, I will achieve that goal. It might take a while, but if I set my mind to it and try my best I will achieve it. This is what my mom would always tell me, I never completely realized it until it happened to me.

When I was in first grade, I didn’t know any English, so I made it my goal to learn. I needed to know English in order to communicate with other people. I was determined to learn it, so from that day forward, I tried to learn new words each day and practice them over and over again at home until I knew what they meant, and how to say them. Eventually, after memorizing enough words, I was able to say short sentences. I began practicing these sentences by speaking to my friends to see if they understood. after two and a half years of practicing I started to understand them without having to take time to remember what each word meant. I was really excited because now I was able to hold a conversation in English. Now when I have a goal to reach, I know that I can and will succeed. A goal that I’m still working on is my goal to finish high school and go to college. Just like my goal to learn English, I know that if I set my mind on it, am determined ,and try my best, I will achieve it.

During my childhood, my mom would always tell me that if I set my mind on a goal and try my hardest to achieve it I would achieve that goal. Even if that goal was something small like finishing my homework, getting in A in school, or learning something new, I would always remember what she told me, and everything would seem less impossible to achieve.

I know that as I get older I will always carry this belief with me, not only because it is one of my greatest beliefs, but also because it has helped me to achieve goals in the past. I’m confident that my belief that I can do anything that I set my mind on sure it will continue to help me achieve goals in the future.