What I believe in.

Jake - Lenexa, Kansas

My life has been an endless line of moving! Throughout all my years of living, I’ve lived in four different states and eight different houses. Even though all the places that I have moved have been rough, I’m getting use to them. I think that God has given me strength to become a better person. He has helped me become strong when it comes to making better friends. My family has become a big influence on me as they help me keep up my hard work in school. All the friends that I’ve made keep in touch with me throughout the years. My family and I have moved a lot, but we always seem to find an amazing church to go to on Sunday. I love going to church with my family. They make me feel humble and holy all the time. Sometimes it makes me think that they are so over protective of me that they can’t let me go! Two big things that God has done to stay present with me during all these moves are giving me courage and trust.

One of my hardest moves that I had to go through was the move here. Leaving the friends that I had in Iowa was so hard. In the summer of 2008, all that went through my mind was the friends that were in Iowa. Leaving all of the people there was the hardest thing that my family went through. All of my aunt’s and uncle’s; plus both of my grandparents lived there. At times things like, “how could my life get any worse” went through my mind! As the summer began to end, and the school year was creeping up I got scared. My parents still remind me every once and a while about how scared I was the day before school. As the school year began I thought that God gave me the courage to make myself recognized. I started rate away making friends, and I was happier than ever! The last thing that God has done to stay present in my life is giving me trust in him and in others.

One of the hardest things to do when you first move to a new state is making friends. Every place that I’ve moved to people are always there to bring me into a good friendship with them. It’s hard to keep getting new friends but I think that God has helped me so much to learn trust in every one! One way that helped me make good friends was getting into sports like soccer, and basketball. This year’s soccer season was the start of me making friends. Everyone on that team became amazing friends, and we were always there for each other.

So in conclusion, the ways that God has been there for me has truly

made me a better person today. I hope I’m done moving, because I love Kansas!!

That’s what I believe in!