Families Mean Something.

Shania - Las Vegas

This I believe a family should stay together and eat together. Eating together is what makes a family. I know this, because my family will not be eating together for a year. My dad is in the National Guard, this year he is leaving to Iraq to go help people there and give them support. Every weekend my dad makes breakfast for the whole family. We all sit around the table and talk to each other about school, my parent’s work and life. My dad is a big part of my life he has taught me a lot of what I know. I learn lots of things from my dad every day. Living without my dad for a year is like not having food for a year your waiting and waiting for the next meal. My dad is leaving for a year and there is going to be lots of breakfast, lunches and dinners that we will miss as a family. I’m going to miss the table being full of people for the special times like birthday party’s and holidays. With my dad missing there is going to be one seat open at the table. He is going to be gone from us for a long time and I have two sisters and my mom. My mom is going to be with us but she works all day. It will feel like I will not have a dad for one year. My dad will miss a year of my life and I will feel empty till he comes back home. Imagine having a dad on one Fathers day but the next Fathers day he’s not there. I will have to send him hugs and kisses thru the phone or computer. We are together but from a distance throwing hugs and kisses. When he does come back home I want to plan lots of things with him because my dad is a big part of my life. I don’t care about the distance I will always love him. Lots of families are losing one family member this year and all of them are going thru the same thing.

This I believe that families should stay together and eat as a family. The families should not be apart from each other for a long time. It hurts a lot of us.