Not So Sweet

Riosie - Las Vegas, New Mexico

I did not know about slaver chocolate till I started to read about slavery in chocolate. Kids younger then me are out working in the field’s for no money, just so we can have chocolate! People never think about how chocolate is made and who made it. The condition’s they have to go through just to make stupid chocolate.

I believe that there should not be slaver in chocolate. Kids should have the right to go to school and not be out on the field all day. They don’t get enough food or water. Mothers and fathers die because they have to be on the field. People of all ages work more then 50 to 60 hours a week. People get sick, family’s are moved from place to place for the next crop of coco beans. Its not right! What would you do if you lost your friends and family because they are working in the chocolate field? You just eat chocolate and never think who makes it you just think how good it is. What I would do if I was there is tell them off and something about it not being right. We all have hearts, no one needs to treated that way just because they are different they still derisive to be treated the same way as everyone else. They live in small homes with many other family’s. Not much food or water, they sleep on the floor they get like four hours of sleep. Getting some kind of disease from the bugs and don’t being able to go to the bathroom. They have to wait to go to the bathroom because they have to work so long in the field’s. People are dying out in Africa, while we just sit here and eat all of there hard work.

I never knew how people made chocolate. Till I started to read about what was in chocolate. I have not been able to continue to eat chocolate since I read about what happens in the process of making the chocolate. The process of making chocolate is a horrible act. Most kids are not able to go to school! Because they have to work instead of having a good education.

I was thinking while I was in class about what if it was one oh my friends or my sister or me out in the fields, no food and no water for a few dollars. Just working out on the fields for 50 to 60 hours a week. I believe that slaver is not right and that act of getting coco beans is not right. These kids will never have a life like you and me! Have you ever thought what it would be like to be a slave? I never did till I started to read about it, kids should have the right to go to school. That is why I believe slaver in chocolate is bad.