whats your gift

Sonja - northfield, Minnesota

What is your gift?

I believe that everyone has something to give to the world. I know I do and that you do too! I give kindness and helpfulness to the world and everyone in it. I went to prairie creek community school. There I learned that everyone belongs in the world and has a special gift to give. I also learned that I am kind and helpful. Those are the gifts that I give to the world. I love that place, and now I have the joy of working there after school.

Each time I work I show all the kids kindness. When I help a kid with whatever they are going through, if it is homework or a problem with a friend, I do what I can. When I help them to feel better, it makes me feel better too. When I see the children go from frowning to smiling, or having them tell me I made their day better, I know this is the gift am giving to the world.

One day we were getting ready for May Day. May Day is a big celebration at prairie creek and we spend a long time getting ready for it. There is a parade through the town, when we get back the fifth graders do a May Pole Dance, for this particular parade we were making floats, one group wad making a volcano float. They were having trouble; I steeped in and gave them some ideas. They thought my ideas were great. I was so glad to help them; after the parade the group was so happy I had helped them. They said if I hadn’t their float wouldn’t have been so good.

Each time I help someone I wish I could do more. I know everyone has something to give that is special. Some people might think someone doesn’t have anything to give, but that is not true. Everyone has something to give to the world; we just have to look for it. Even if it might be worthless to you, to someone else it may be priceless. People remember me as the person who is kind and helpful. I believe that everyone in the world is good, and has a gift to give. That is what I believe.