Belief in God

Jennifer - Bonner Springs, Kansas

I have believed in God ever since I was little. This may be because I went to a Catholic school, or maybe because I was always surrounded by practicing Catholics. I believe that what I have learned from Catholicism has made me into the person I am today. Catholicism has made my state of thinking more pure, has made me serve others frequently, and has made me understand what I want to do in the future.

I have had a somewhat good life. I went to a Catholic school, and I was never put into any difficult situations. When I learned that the Creator dwells in each and every one of our hearts, my mind changed. The Lord may be one of these people among us! He sent his only Son down from heaven to save us, yet we push him aside. I realized that God loves me more than anything, and I should love him too. In order for me to do this, I must love everyone as myself. My way of thinking is based on my love for God and others. Nothing can change that. It has made my way of thinking pure.

This year, we did 30 service hours. After I finished all those hours, I came to realize that I need to help others just as Jesus did. I want to follow in the footsteps of the Lord who created miracles! When I was finished, I felt that I had made the world a better place in my own way. In my opinion, that is what God’s will is. Soon enough, I had the thirst to share with others who were in need. Service has taught me a very valuable lesson, and that is to make the best out of life. I now do service frequently.

I look forward to the future. There are two reasons. One is that I believe in heaven. The other is that I want to see the development of the coming generations. I have never had a doubt in my mind that heaven existed. Of course, I don’t know if I am going to go to heaven, but I know there is one. I want to live my life to the fullest so that I may join God in heaven. During my CSP, I taught kids about God. The excitement in their eyes as they learned something new made me excited. I want the word of God to be passed on through the generations. When I did my service hours, I learned that teaching others is what I am called to do. I know that the future is unpredictable, but I believe that the world will change because of the Almighty’s presence.

God is the center of my life, and that will not change. I believe that God is watching over me as I move onward in life doing his will. I believe in God, and I always will.