I believe in love

Nicholas - albuquerque, New Mexico
Themes: love

I believe in love

I’ve written countless papers about love. And countless times I’ve seen teacher’s eyes

Glaze over when they read the title. “Properly written about a worn subject” is a response

I’ve become accustomed too. I keep writing though.

I think the fact that I keep writing is important. It shows that I’m not going to

Succumb. I’m not going to succumb to trends, I’m not going to garner the idea of friends; I

Want love. I want to wake up and see her there; I want to hear about her day, I want to lie in bed listening to the rain. Give me cookouts, flea markets, antique shows and family

Dinners; I don’t care. Make my life the romantic comedy aisle, it’s what I want.

For me, all this started with movies. I want to kiss her at the top of the empire

State building, sing to her before I board a two ton rocket, I want to draw her while the

Boat is sinking. All of that, and so much more, has made me an idealist. I think there are Soul mates. I think people do live happily ever after, and I know that it’s out there. ..

I know it’s out there because I’ve seen it. I’ve seen it in the way certain people look at each other. I’ve seen it in the way my mom looks at my dad, the way my friends girlfriend

Looks at him, and the way my grandparents look at each other. Maybe I’m just lonely, and that

Makes me jealous, but I think it’s out there for everyone. I think everyone has someone that

Can make them feel like themselves, I just think it’s a really complicated thing to find.

I believe in it, because I need to. I need to feel like there is someone out there

That will take me whatever way I am. I need to feel love, because I need to feel something.

It would kill me to wake up in thirty years and know that I have made no difference to anyone. It would kill me, to not have a person who makes that difference in my life.

To most, this is just the ramblings of some young confused kid. But I write, because

I know people need to feel loved. And maybe if I can write about love and make people feel

it, then I might be able to feel loved myself. And that could possibly make me feel better;

It could make me feel better about whom I am, who I want to be, and everything that is going

On around me.

I believe in love because I formed my existence around it. It’s possible I could love

anyone; but all I really want is the one who loves me. And that is what I believe.