we’re loosing our way

brandon - USA

I believe that we as Americans are starting to loose our way and letting greed corrupt us. As I reflected upon this belief many thoughts came to mind. Since the birth of the United States we Americans have always prided ourselves and our way of living as that of a just society and with our belief that our way of governing is the best, we along with our allies have sought to help spread democracy through out the world and to help uplift other countries struggling economically or with there own internal conflicts that have put innocent lives at risk but this mentality should not be limited to our government reaching out to other countries to help them but should also be observed at home. It makes no sense those men who make hundred of thousand if not millions of dollars a year should have to lie, cheat or even go as far as to falsify business records for there own personal gain and squander away the lively hoods of people that are working just as hard if not harder to provide for there families. Instead these men should’ve been using there resources to help uplift America and keep her at the top not plunge her into an economic crises and nearly destroying her. We need to get back to the values that helped us win our independence from the English in the 1700’s and that helped us propel ourselves to the top and becoming a super power after World War 2. Without these values and the just way of thinking how are we going to lecture other countries and there people that democracy and capitalism are the best forms of government and that we are a just people when we can’t practice what we preach. With different forms of fanaticism popping up all over the world in forms of terrorists’ cells bent on destroying us and our way of life it is more important then ever for us reach down and pull out those values because without them we are no better then the enemy’s we face abroad and at home.